It is so easy to get lost in the heaps of data available on the Internet most of the times while sometimes you hit the jackpot of information. This is going to be one of those bountiful statistics you may have find on internet, if you are in or related to mobile app development business.
Did you know?
Did you know?
- 50 per cent of the internet’s population (approx. 510 million people across the world) play social games.
- More than 100 million people play games on social networks and out of this 61 per cent to do on Facebook.
- 57 per cent of U.S. social gamers love social gaming because of “competitive spirit” vs. 43 per cent of “fun & excitement”
- There are about 81 million people who play social games for at least one time a day and about 49 million play who play such games multiple times in a day.Further these daily users spend an average of 9.5 hours per week on social games.
- 2 out of 5 social game players prefer to receive new product information via social games. (And here is how you can get the best results from brand integration into social games)
- Spending for Advertisement on social gaming increased 60 per cent since the year 2009. Brands like McDonald's, Expedia, MTV, Volvo, and Century 21 have all experimented either through their own social games or through branded virtual goods.
- Social Gamers will buy virtual goods with an approx. worth of $6 billion in 2013. Alone US gamers bought $600 million worth of virtual items, thanks to social gaming.
- There are about 14 per cent of social gamers who play at work for at least one hour a day. The above mentioned stats convey a lot about the promise with social games but you must also take an account of following numbers that talk about the opportunities with combination of Social andMobile Game Development.
- 66 per cent of tablet owners and 53 per cent of smartphone owners play social games on daily basis.
- 33 per cent of players said their gameplay on regular platforms has declined since they began playing games on social networking sites. And, by the year 2014, the console video game market willbe contracted to just $18.5 million easily eclipsed by mobile games market share of whopping $11.4 billion.